Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Don't Want to Rush

"If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians in the world, playing some of the finest music ever written, with one of the most beautiful instruments ever made… How many other things are we missing as we rush through life?"


How often do you actually "stop to smell the roses"?  

We do often.  

Having kids reminds me to do this more often than ever before.  

I think it's important to take time to see what's in front of us and pay attention to simple joys and things. I hope to teach my children that they can and should stop, linger, see, hear, smell, taste, feel what's in front of them.  

Don't rush past it.  

Don't always be in a hurry.  

Make the time.

There is enough time.  

There's always time.  

I don't want them to miss what's in front of them, like the people in this video.  They couldn't take five minutes to listen to the beautiful music?  I wonder why.  It makes me sad.

Children notice the most simple and beautiful things and they will bring you into their world.  

I am grateful for my children who remind me to stop. 

Look and pick up that beautiful leaf.  Talk about it.

Stop and watch the lights twinkle.  

Smell the dinner on the stove.  Observe how it sizzles and pops.  Let your mouth water.  Taste it.

See how they rearranged the magnets.  There's a whole world right in front of you. 

Play with your shadow.

Just watch their face.

"Be here now."

Last week I wrote a note above my kitchen sink, where I spend plenty of time.  

It says "STOP.  Say yes."

Yes, I think I will.  






1 comment: