Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Something Nice to Say?


Growing up, I didn't compliment people as much as I should have.  If I had something nice to say, I held back.  Sometimes I just didn't know how to say it.  So I said nothing.

Looking back and wondering why, I really didn't want to seem weird or strange.

Then I met my husband.  He was a fearless complimenter.  If someone looked nice, or did something awesome he told them.  This was quite intriguing to me.

Sometimes I would say something to someone if I was pissed off, so why not when the opposite was true?!  Quit fussing, and start complimenting.

So I started doing that.  It feels good.  I compliment people in the grocery store, moms at the park, and friends any time something stands out.  It has taken me a while to get the hang of it.  I've written letters and e-mails to people that mean something to me.  I have friended or messaged people on Facebook that inspire me.  Whether I have met them or not.

I am learning how to speak from my heart, no holds barred.

So, it warms my heart when Z sees a little girl and tells her that she is pretty or that he likes her dress.  That's how it should be.  And it shouldn't be weird.

So the next time you have something nice to say, go ahead and say it.  It means the world to me when someone tells me something nice.  Doesn't it you?

No comments:

Post a Comment