Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bored?


I honestly can't remember the last time I was bored.

I remember as a child when I told my Nana that I was bored she'd hand me a broom.

So between that lesson, sitting on the cushion and staying at home with two children I think I'm set.

Sure sometimes the day can feel a bit monotonous or groundhog day-ish but I never do the same thing twice or exactly the same way.

I've learned a lot from playing with and observing Z.  No matter how many times he plays with one thing it's never exactly the same every time.  To him there are infinite possibilities and I often carry that into what I do.

I don't always want to do the dishes three times a day, laundry almost every day or pick up over and over but I do.  It's what I do.  There is hardly room for boredom.

I didn't say I don't get restless or my mind doesn't wander.

That's not bored.  That's human.





No comments:

Post a Comment