Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Intentions


It's the time of year when family birthdays and holidays are abound.  It's a new year and time when I reflect on how I have changed and lived.  I often read my journals and think about what is important to us all.

This year I was inspired by a friend, Robin and this book to write my intentions.  Many lovely and true words of Maezen are also reflected and included in my list.

This is a gift to my family and self.  It is something to remind me of what works for me and what I need to work on.  It will sit in my kitchen windowsill altar where I will read it every day.

Intentions:
Gratitude for our children, family and friends.  They are perfect as is and are wonderful teachers.
Tend to the garden that is our family and my life.
Pay attention to what is in front of me.  Don't worry as much about what's not.
Take care of what is being asked of me in the moment.
Don't make things work or see things as work.
I have all the time in the world.  
Stop, pause, breathe and savor the moment.  
Be kind, gentle, tolerant and patient.
Recognize beauty, joy and love as well as frustration, anger and destructive emotions.  Maybe just be with them instead of act.
Be consistent but flexible.
Forgive myself and others.
Appreciate my life.  Every moment is my teacher.
Sit when I can but know each moment is practice.
Let's just see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment