Wednesday, January 2, 2013

More and Less

Over the last few weeks I have written down things that I would like to focus more deeply on.

These are things I already do.  It's not really that new.  It's things that I can do more of, once I let the things that matter less slip further away.

It's all about making space and sending my intentions out into the universe, and holding myself more accountable.

It's about deepening my connection to what matters most -my children, family, friends and community.

It's about not wasting my time, your time, our time.

So, in no particular order, without further ado...

MORE: 

Being present, and giving my full attention.
Butt on the cushion.
Making art.
Journaling.
Writing.
Poetry.
Letters.  The real kind.
Thank-yous.
Connections and gatherings.
Giving.
Gardening.
Nature.
Cooking and baking.
Reading.  New things.  More stories.  More poetry.
Letting go.  This is so wide, and means so much, on so many levels.
Focus on wellness and holistic living, herbalism, and essential oils.
Better sleeping habits.
Photography.
Using my senses.
Honesty and vulnerability.
Focusing on our goals (more on this later).
Trust.
Courage.
Compassion & self-compassion.
Using my hands.


LESS: 

Online time and technology -putting the laptop and phone down way more often.
Talking and giving opinions.
Staying up late.
Comparing.
Worrying.
Clutter.
Busyness.
Idleness.
Excuses.
Yelling.
Anger.
Complaining.  Especially without action or solution.
Accumulating unnecessary things.

So here I go.

Out of my heart, listed in my journal, and into the universe.  Again.

What about you?




1 comment:

  1. I have so many of the same things on my list too but can I just say something? You seem to live a life that encompasses so many of the things on your list especially with your family. Don't forget to give yourself some real praise for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete